From complication comes clarity.......
The changing requirements of buyers.....
Once upon a time, estate agents noted down a short and straightforward list of buyers’ requirements, such as the ideal number of bedrooms, central heating, large garden, garage and nearness to a good school.
Times have changed. Requirements had already altered significantly in recent years. But, post-Covid, the list of demands has become yet longer and even more complicated.
Let’s look at a typical new wish list:
- Zoom room for homeworking
- Homecation facilities for lockdown pleasure
- Intergenerational living space for offspring or parents
- Gourmet kitchen for that newfound hobby
- Garden oasis for a sun lounger without 50,000 other people
- Heating, lighting, entertainment and security smart technology for one-touch living
- Small city living – for more intimate, less stressful amenities
- Health and wellness areas for, well, health and wellness
- Pet-friendly living for the new pet gained during lockdown
But all these new demands make finding an ideal home even more complicated. So to help you, here is our list of essential post-Covid house hunting questions:
- Does it tug at the heartstrings?
- Is it in the right place?
- Does it face the right way?
- Is it structurally sound?
- Is it big enough?
- Are the doors and windows mainly in the right places?
- Is it affordable?
- Are there the funds to put in the Zoom room, intergenerational facilities, gourmet kitchen, garden oasis, smart technology, health and wellness area and space for pets?
Answer yes to all of the above, and you’ve probably found yourself the ideal home – it’s that simple. And when you think about it, a good estate agent helps to show that something fiendishly complicated can be realistically possible. From complication comes clarity.